Re: Google Gmail mailing list bounces

From: Ralph Seichter
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 02:47:47 +0100

* Emanuel Berg:

> Yeah, but is this something that is mandatory to have? Is this (the
> lack of a DKIM sig) the explanation to the problem with my mail [...]

Are you aware of how DMARC works, in detail? DMARC relies on both DKIM
and SPF. https://dmarcian.com/domain-checker/?domain=zoho.eu shows that
the DMARC policy for this domain is "reject". Since you don't use DKIM
signatures, it is down to only SPF, so if the SPF check fails, the DMARC
policy applies.

That means you ask the recipient MTA to reject all mail apparently
originating at zoho.eu whenever the SPF check is unsuccessful. Adding
DKIM to the mix is no silver bullet, but I personally would not publish
DMARC policies "quarantine" or "reject" had I only SPF at my disposal!

-Ralph