Re: Unable to use `package-refresh-contents`: Bad signature from GNU ELP

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Unable to use `package-refresh-contents`: Bad signature from GNU ELPA Signing Agent
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2019 15:15:56 -0500

> It was because I didn't have the latest tls package installed.
> This didn't used to be necessary but now appears necessary.

I don't know of any `tls.el` package other than a very old one that
should be considered deprecated nowadays (and still comes bundled with
Emacs in `lisp/obsolete/tls.el`).  The SSL/TLS handling in Emacs
nowadays is handled by the libgnutls code, so it doesn't require any
Elisp package.  If that doesn't work well for you please `M-x
report-emacs-bug`.

        Stefan