Re: What OS is used By Richard Stallman

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: What OS is used By Richard Stallman
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 18:06:30 +0200

tomas wrote:

> There have been attempts to mimic the
> advantages of open source without giving
> users freedom (e.g. Microsoft's several
> attempts at "shared source" [2]).

It is the "cathedral vs. bazaar" thing. By now
it should be clear that the bazaar is almost
infinitely more powerful. And they know it!
So they want it for them as well.

Also, to have a handful och experienced
developers/maintainers to do the final review,
is a bit of having both worlds, I'd say.
Perhaps even the best of both worlds, as in
that lousy TNG show where Capt. Picard gets
assimilated into a borg commander!

That is, the "bazaar" is great when it comes to
developing source code! In the non-computing,
physical world I have yet to see a single
project or setting where the "bazaar" works.
My experience has been, whenever more than but
a few people are involved, what happens is
those few people still do all the work, while
the rest gossip and meddle and create
negative energy for everyone.

So perhaps the only such setting is the actual
bazaar itself!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573