DocView paging set to fit to page or to width in separate window frames

From: Van L
Subject: DocView paging set to fit to page or to width in separate window frames
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 23:20:49 +1000

Hello,

I have two frames each with their own window viewing a DocView buffer on the
one PDF page.

The left frame is landscape oriented and when I page down I’d like the fit to
width view remain unchanged.

On the right, I have a portrait orientation. When I page down I’d like the fit
to page setting stay.

What happens at the moment is random switching between fit to page or to width
when I page down.

I use the following keys to correct the view

  P     doc-view-fit-page-to-window
  W     doc-view-fit-width-to-window

and would like the setting to separately stick for each frame’s window. Is
there a way tu?