can't get emacs 26.1.3 to recognize window position

From: HASM
Subject: can't get emacs 26.1.3 to recognize window position
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 07:59:32 -0700

Since the update from emacs 25.3 to emacs 26.1, on Fedora, i.e.
  emacs-26.1-3.fc28.x86_64
I can't get emacs to obey the window position given on the command line.

I didn't change my configuration file, and now the two emacs sessions I
start (one as me, one as root) no longer end up where I want them.

I've tried with -q --no-site-file --no-site-lisp, and with either
  -g geometry
  --geometry=geometry
I can set the window size, but not the position.

It's a bit annoying, as one of the windows is to be positioned
off-screen, in another FVWM page, and now I need to go around and move
it manually.

I also don't seem to be able to set the position a gnuclient window,
but that also happened with 25.3.

Can anyone duplicate this problem?

-- HASM