Re: Grep Japanese characters

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Grep Japanese characters
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 16:37:00 +0300

> From: Tak Kunihiro <homeros.misasa@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 22:10:45 +0900
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org, tkk@misasa.okayama-u.ac.jp
>
> I have checked a box on a dialog by following steps and
> confirmed that I can grep Japanese string.
>
> Thank you for the hints!
>

> Region & Language
> -> Administrative language settings
> -> Language for non-Unicode programs
> -> Change system locale...
> -> Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support

Ah, good!  So Windows is finally moving in the right direction.

After you do the above, what values do the following
variables/functions yield, please?

  M-: w32-ansi-code-page RET
  M-: (w32-get-console-codepage) RET
  M-: (w32-get-console-output-codepage) RET

Also, if you invoke Emacs with the -nw command-line option, what do
you see when you then display the HELLO file ("C-h h")?