Re: Emacs/Publishing/WYSIWYG

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: Emacs/Publishing/WYSIWYG
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 06:58:10 -1000

So far I've written seven novels (and published two with more coming)
and numerous stories in org-mode. When publishing, there is some work
needed after exporting to LaTeX, but that would be true no matter what
initial editor or word processor you used.

At this point I couldn't see myself using any other tool, not
LibreOffice, not Scrivener, or anything else.

The advantages of plain text are hard to overstate, as is the
advantage of having everything from plot notes to research material in
a single (large) file under version control. And building up a novel
from an outline is a natural process with org-mode.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

Sent via Linux Mint 17.