How to over-ride locate-domination-stop-dir-regex

From: robjsargent
Subject: How to over-ride locate-domination-stop-dir-regex
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 23:07:11 -0700 (PDT)

I need to stop locate-dominating-file from crossing an automount boundary
(/uufs/chcp.utah.edu/common/home/) since each dominating-file check (for .hg
.git. .svn et al) takes three seconds to fail.

I have tried assigning it within (custom-set-variables ) in my .emacs but
stepping through the function my setting is in place for only the first
dominating file check.  The build-in value return on the second dominating file.