Re: Build failure caused by a .tit file

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Build failure caused by a .tit file
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 18:02:01 +0300

> From: Göktuğ Kayaalp <self@gkayaalp.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 16:16:12 +0300
>
> A better version of this one is as follows, which removes the
> complementary set-buffer-multibyte call:

That's not the right fix.

> Now I get this weird warning, I can report that elsewhere if not
> expected:
>
> Error (initialization): Creation of the default fontsets failed: (error
> Invalid script or charset name: old-italic)

You didn't fix the problem, it is still there.  The changes you made
just make the same problem appear somewhere else.

The old-italic script is defined in lisp/international/charscript.el,
do you see it there?

This all looks like you are trying to build the master branch with
some of the Lisp files from a very different version.  Is your
repository clean?  Did you try to clone it anew?