rmail-reply produces incorrect mail header

From: enno
Subject: rmail-reply produces incorrect mail header
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 20:55:56 +0200

Dear emacsers,

For some time now (starting with emacs23.3) I sometimes experience that
rmail-reply (or supercite, or feedmail, or whatever) produces an incorrect
`To:' field.  Apparently this only happens with mails from certain senders (my
father for instance).

In the past I just deleted the `In-reply-to' header from the reply before
sending it, ugly but worked -- unless I forgot to delete...  I'm afraid I'm not
sufficiently familiar with elisp to figure that one out on my own.

To me it seems that somehow the header tag `In-reply-to: ' gets lost, resulting
in a `To: ' header followed by an `In-reply-to' header WITHOUT header-tag in
the following line.  But as stated above, this only happens with certain
senders, others who supply `In-reply-to: ' as well work without trouble.

>From theory to practice:

Original mail received from my dad has headers like so:

From: father@mailhost.xx
To: enno <enno.vet@gmx.net>
[...]

I hit `r' to reply, and what I see seems perfeclty sane: