Re: Help setting up POP3 email (rmail)

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Help setting up POP3 email (rmail)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 20:16:42 +0000

<cptvlaze@tutamail.com> writes:

> I have no idea, but emacs made it like this. ~/.emacs.d is owned by
> root, which can do whatever he pleases with it.

When you first started Emacs did you do it using sudo from your own home
directory?  I maybe that could cause .emacs.d to be owned by root.

Anyway, I suggest the following, which is probably simpler than mucking
about with chown:
* In your normal user account copy the stuff you want out of .emacs.d.  You
probably only want init.el if you've just started.
* Sudo and delete .emacs.d.
* Recreate .emacs.d and copy init.el into it.
* Run Emacs and it should work from your normal account.

BR,
Robert Thorpe