Re: correcting word groups (general spelling question)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: correcting word groups (general spelling question)
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 02:08:32 +0200

Yuri D'Elia <wavexx@thregr.org> writes:

> If I add Kitteh to the dictionary, I will obviously
> allow Kitteh to roam free in my text, which I don't
> want. I really want to lean "Hello Kitteh" instead,
> and also give auto-correct suggestions based on this
> specific meaning, and not on the individual word.

You can do it like this:

    (setq ispell-skip-region-alist
          (append ispell-skip-region-alist '(("Hello" . "Kitteh")) ))

However, I consider this over-engineering. How many
such combinations to you have?

Why not just add "Kitteh"?

Are you really that worried that will appear instead
of the correct spelling?

Remember, "the only thing to fear is fear itself".

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573