whitespace issues

From: Rusi
Subject: whitespace issues
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 07:17:39 -0700 (PDT)

I have two somewhat related questions, both around whitespace:

1. Is it possible to have some sort of save-hook so that all leading
(indentation) whitespace is cleaned up to space alone and tabs are removed?

2. How to make a dirty crlf file in emacs?
By dirty I mean, some lines ending LF (ie Unix) and some ending CRLF (ie DOS)
[This is to test that such dirty-files are not add-able into git]