Re: Control-C conundrum

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Control-C conundrum
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 07:24:20 -0800

* Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> [150603 21:16]:
> Tim Johnson wrote:
> > I've done extensive keybinding based on the recommendations here:
> > https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Key-Binding-Conventions.html
>
> Perhaps you could say a few words about your keyboard and typing
> environment?  Are you using an ergo keyboard?

  I use a Happy Hacking Lite2 Keyboard (non-mac), for the most part,
  attached to a Mac Mini with OS X. I have a numeric keypad on the
  left which I've also set up for emacs and a logitech trackball on
  the right.

  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Hacking_Keyboard
  Second image on right for similar model.

  Alternatively I use any of several netbooks. Those are running
  lubuntu with fluxbox and have the control and capslock switched
  via xmodmap. Generally I'm ssh'd onto the Mac from a netbook.

  I seldom use the 'alt' key, prefering Ctl-[ or ESC. ESC is on the
  left on all machines that I have to use.

> > I'd welcome any comments or suggestions, :) including thumb surgery.
>
> We always joke about foot pedals.  However those do exist!  I am
> somewhat joking now suggesting them but if I were dealing with the
> problem it might be something to consider.
  Looking into foot pedals.... Fortunately for me, I am semi-retired
  and what emacs work I do is at home and almost never for more than
  two hours.

--
Tim