Re: problem with https and w3-fetch ... sometimes

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: problem with https and w3-fetch ... sometimes
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 22:14:01 +0200

prayner <prayner@unimelb.edu.au> writes:

> Quite recently my access to google searches using
> emacs/w3 has broken.

What is w3? Is it some progenitor of Emacs-w3m?

If you'd consider using w3m, or w3m code perhaps still
works for you, I have written a lightning-fast system
for all kinds of searches - just bind it to a global
keystroke, and search (not just with Goggle) from
anywhere in Emacs - also, it suggests the region text
as default, and has other cool stuff as well.

http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/emacs-init/w3m/search.el

--
underground experts united