Re: perhaps rephrase "misplaced interactive spec"

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: perhaps rephrase "misplaced interactive spec"
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 23:21:11 +0200

> (define-minor-mode MODE DOC ...
>
> so I wonder why I just didn't get a
> wrong-number-of-arguments? That would have instantly
> made it clear.

Aha, now I see, it is because of those others :property
arguments. So it is more complicated.

Is the reason for having those (:some thing) that some
can be provided, and others left out? Is that
implemented function-by-function (like a C binary or
shell function that has to decode what options were
passed)?

(define-minor-mode MODE DOC &optional INIT-VALUE
LIGHTER KEYMAP &rest BODY)

Although it was more complicated than I thought, that
doesn't make the warning message any more clear...
Especially since it works just fine (the minor mode)
without the docstring it gets even more confusing.

--
underground experts united