Re: Emacs Mini Manual (PART 3) - CUSTOMIZING AND EXTENDING EMACS

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Emacs Mini Manual (PART 3) - CUSTOMIZING AND EXTENDING EMACS
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 02:40:58 +0100

Javier <nospam@nospam.com> writes:
> It would be an interesting project to convert those documents to
> texinfo format.  With Python it is possible to convert the
> documentation (sphinx doc generator) of Python and its libraries to
> texinfo, and documentation can be gerated automatically for any
> python project to texinfo.

If you're using GNU C or C++ library functions and you have the manuals
installed then C-h S will do the trick.  I think the same is true for
Fortran and Ada too.  But, it would be very useful if more languages and
libraries were supported.  Automatic generation of info from other
documentation formats would be very useful.  It should be possible to
add code to something like pandoc to output info files.

BR,
Robert Thorpe