RTF for emacs

From: James Freer
Subject: RTF for emacs
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 09:41:32 +0100 (BST)

I read some time ago that there was development taking place for providing emacs with word processing i.e. formatting iirc RTF.

Is this taking place or has the interest declined. Reading posts a while back on 'how emacs can be improved' (or similar header). I was wondering as one thing I'd love to see in linux would be a cli RTF editor or graphical. I found so many bugs in Abiword and LO-writer that I don't want to use them.

thanks
james