Re: Generating a listing of all symbols (16K+) and labeling subsets

From: Hans BKK
Subject: Re: Generating a listing of all symbols (16K+) and labeling subsets
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 12:01:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Nicolas Richard
> Some symbols are just symbols. every time the lisp reader reads
> something, symbols are interned.
>
> Currently I have 76920 symbols in obarray.

Aha. OK, so those "just symbols" can go to dev null.

Question remains - how to separate out and ID - in the absence of a
predicate - any that actually may be of interest remaining in my
current "other" - which I presume macros should be, and having got
code for keymaps already above.

Any other function types? Or out of those that are neither fboundp nor boundp?

> If you want to have a report of useful symbols used in a package you can
> do e.g. for smerge-mode:
> M-x apropos RET ^smerge- RET

Thanks for that, looks useful. But looks to only pick up those
starting with the package string? And I think apropos only displays a
limited subset, e.g. only Customized variables? and/or only those with
docstrings?

In this context I'm aiming more for an all-in-one standard "state
report" I can diff between any arbitrary emacs-config-A and
emacs-config-B, showing all changes, including to existing system
variables.