Writing ERT tests for asynchronous events

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Writing ERT tests for asynchronous events
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 10:43:51 +0000

Hi,

Is there any support in ERT for things that have asynchronous behaviour?

For example I want my test to kick off something using a url fetch
(against a server running in the same emacs) and then once the
transaction has completed test things have worked as expected
using the ert operators.

If I can't do this is might be simpler to hook in bellow the network
processing bits but in that case I need create a mock process buffer to
represent the network connection process. What's the best way to do that?

Cheers,

--
Alex Bennée
http://www.bennee.com/~alex