Re: Look for data serialisation format to implement communication betwee

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: Look for data serialisation format to implement communication between Emacs and external program.
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 23:57:24 +0200

On 2013-01-07, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:

> Go with sexp.  If you must touch XML, at least dress it up as SXML,
> which, aside from being less ugly, extends interop to include Scheme.

I found nice support for JSON in Python code library:

  http://docs.python.org/2/library/json.html

and starting from 2008 (Emacs v23.1):

  json.el
  (require 'json)

Live examples at:

  http://edward.oconnor.cx/2006/03/json.el

Seems that this is a simplest and rich data format for communication in modern
applications. In fact it is library/product/framework agnostic. For these
reasons SXML is losing.

But seems that having TLV in mind is also good thing to make proper decision.

--
Best regards!