Re: How to follow the end of *Messages* buffer in Emacs?

From: Yves Baumes
Subject: Re: How to follow the end of *Messages* buffer in Emacs?
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 23:00:49 +0100

martin rudalics <rudalics@gmx.at> writes:

> For the moment it should be sufficient if you add your function to
> `window-configuration-change-hook' instead of `post-command-hook'.  This
> should allow you to scroll and edit *Messages* without any problems.

I've just tried and it does not work with that hook, as is. I don't know
whether it is related to mistakes on my side , or whether it is related
to the bug you've highlighted previously. I've added some 'message call
to my function in order to try to understand, and obviously the
'(point-max) gets a lower value from one execution to the other. Since
my *Messages* buffer is not limited in size, it must not happen I
presume. (Something tells me it is related to the bug you were talking
about, but I still need to re-read your email and digest it in order to
get a better picture about what is going on here. :-) )

Yves.