Re: Umlauts on Mac in 24 pretest

From: Stefan Vollmar
Subject: Re: Umlauts on Mac in 24 pretest
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 21:05:13 +0200

Dear Erich,

if I am not mistaken, one point has not yet been mentioned: you are working on
a Mac and there are some arguments for using the same kind of keyboard
shortcuts that work consistently for all Mac applications (with a German
keyboard, and not only Umlaute). AFAIK, this is not trivial to implement if one
wants to have a "peaceful co-existence" with certain Emacs functionality.
However, David Reitter has spent a considerable amount of effort to get this
just right: it works "out-of-the-box" with Aquamacs. I am currently using one
of the nightly development builds (Emacs 94.0.92.3) and can only recommend it.

Warm regards,
 Stefan

--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.