Re: 256 colors in ansi-term buffers

From: Christopher Grubert
Subject: Re: 256 colors in ansi-term buffers
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 20:33:55 -0400

On 01/-10/-28163 02:59 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Looking at the definition of eterm-color it only advertises 8 colors, and
the code for term.el seems consistent with that, having only an 8 entry
color vector that can be remapped.  In my application I need as close
to a real terminal as possible so eshell isn't an alternative.
Any suggestions?
I guess you'll need to add the feature to one of the terminal emulators
(either term.el or nterm.el).
IOW, patches welcome,

         Stefan

After thinking about it a little more I realized that I generally don't use more than 10 colors in my shell...just a very specific 10 colors. So the vector remap actually is pretty usable with only a few things collapsed together. As time allows I will look at adding the full support. At first glance that seems straightforward enough, although I'm probably underestimating it. I haven't looked at nterm.el yet. I'll do that next.
Chris.