Re: Gnus: How to simplify file attachments?

From: Hofert Jan Marius
Subject: Re: Gnus: How to simplify file attachments?
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 09:50:00 +0000

Okay, here are the latest findings concerning the drag-and-drop of files to an
*unsent mail* buffer for attaching them:

As Thierry pointed out to me off-list, I should not have to specify
dnd-protocol-alist. I removed the parts I added, restarted emacs, and realized
that locally (in an *unsent mail* buffer), the variable dnd-protocol-alist is
set correctly. Nevertheless, DnD does not work. I then checked on Ubuntu 11.10
with the same .gnus.el. There it works. So it seems to be a problem on Mac OS
X.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Marius

PS: I work with Emacs 24 (Emacs-pretest-24.0.91-universal-10.6.7.dmg from
http://emacsformacosx.com/) on Mac OS X 10.7.2 with Gnus v5.13.