Problems setting up printing for first time (Windows)

From: spinner
Subject: Problems setting up printing for first time (Windows)
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 18:38:08 -0700 (PDT)

I'm new to emacs and I'm having problems getting the settings right to print
anything. I've tried researching the manual and other resources but still
can't get anything to print.

My set-up:
Windows Vista
GNU emacs 23.3.1  (i386-mingw-nt6.0.6002)
GhostScript 8.71

First, I tried printing through GhostScript. My emacs file code is:

(setq ps-lpr-command "c:\Program Files\gs\gs8.71\bin\gswin32c.exe")
(setq ps-lpr-switches '("-q" "-dNOPAUSE" "-dBATCH" "-sDEVICE=mswinpr2"))
(setq ps-printer-name t)

Next, I try to print a simple text file from my buffer with "M-x
ps-print-buffer". Nothing prints.
I see emacs formatting and then gives me a message "Printing...done" but
nothing prints. Online resources that I've read say that a pop-up window
should appear giving my printer choices but the pop-up doesn't appear.

Second, I tried to simply print the buffer using >File > Print Buffer. Emacs
gives me this message "spooling with options (page headers are not
supported)...done".

I don't have any other code in my emacs file related to printing. My local
printer is attached to my computer via a wireless router.

I'm lost at this point to don't know what else to do. I appreciate any help.
Thank you.