Re: Using proportional (variable-width) fonts in Emacs23

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: Using proportional (variable-width) fonts in Emacs23
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:28:07 +0100

rusi wrote:

>> Well, my subjective feeling is that I read better if the text is in
>
> This is an interesting observation. (Especially the second part)
> Do you have a clue why?

It must again be the habit of typing in monospace for years.  Your eyes
are looking for text in a particular place but the proportional font
condenses it.  On occasion when I have to write documents for Word, I
type it in Emacs first and then cut-and-paste it into Word.  I had even
written some Emacs commands for it in the old days.  But, now that we
have the visual-line-mode, a straight cut-and-paste will work fine.

Cheers,
Uday