Stale links in Info tree?

From: rmcd
Subject: Stale links in Info tree?
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 09:23:10 -0800 (PST)

I have a number of non-existent entries in my info tree (C-h i). The stale
entries refer to "emacs22" (e.g., "Autotype (emacs22)" ). I can't figure out
where they are or even where the tree is originating. I've been using emacs
23.1 (Ubuntu 10.04) and just upgraded to 23.2 (via a ppa). The incorrect links
existed in both versions.

C-x C-f points me to /usr/share/info. The dir file there is not what is
displayed in emacs. So I'm puzzled. I don't know how to find the file emacs is
links.  Most topics seem linked correctly. It is just the "emacs22" entries
that point to non-existent files.

Thanks for any help.