Re: reload modified files in buffer

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: reload modified files in buffer
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 10:08:47 -0800

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 3:42 AM, Rajinder Yadav <devguy.ca@gmail.com> wrote:
> Emacs should be smart enough to auto-reload a buffer if the file has changed
> and the buffer has not been edited, this would be a welcomed enhancement =)

It is, that is what auto-revert-mode does. But it is for the user to
turn on. I am a firm believer of each user customising there setup as
per their needs. Features should not be forced on anyone. If you have
a preference then customise. Emacs even has the wonderful "customize"
interface to help you with everything.

--
Suvayu