Re: Need help setting up RMAIL

From: Peter Axon
Subject: Re: Need help setting up RMAIL
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:29:22 -0000

Duke Normandin <dukeofperl@ml1.net> writes:

> So how are you using "fetchmail" as the value for
> `rmail-movemail-program'? What are your file perms like? Maybe I'm
> running RMAIL with the wrong Group/perms, and ditto for `movemail'?

I'm not. I run fetchmail manually from a shell (or in daemon mode via
`fetchmail -d 300` or similar). It pulls mail down into my spool and
then when I fire up RMAIL it takes whatever is in the spool and puts it
into it's ~/RMAIL file. I have heard you can get RMAIL to run external
getting functions but I have never looked into it as I find my setup
fine.

I have nothing special in my ~/.emacs file for this. Only a few settings
for quoting replys and my from name and email address.

Sorry I can't be more help.

peter