Re: emacs in a terminal : problems with control

From: Willard Rafnsson
Subject: Re: emacs in a terminal : problems with control
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:15:37 -0000

On Jun 23, 4:18 pm, Ista Zahn <iz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know the solution to your specific problem, but I suggest taking
> another look at whether you can go the other way and use the graphical
> editor for everything. You can edit remotely through ssh (using tramp,
> its all quite transparent and amazing).
>
> -Ista

This looks promising. Thanks for the tip; I'll take a look at this.

Currently, I am using xterm with some small configurations, and have
eliminated almost all the problems I had ("C-SPC" translates to "C-@",
which is the only issue I have noticed so far). Details can be found
here (where I asked the same question) :
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=4013210