Re: line-move-visual

From: Mark Crispin
Subject: Re: line-move-visual
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:11:54 -0000

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, David Kastrup posted:
Why should they install newer versions if they don't want things to
change?

What makes you assume that the end user has any choice in the matter?

Why don't you get and install a suitably old version and stay with it?

What makes you assume that the end user has that option?

Install Emacs 18 everywhere and you are finished.

What makes you assume that the end user should be obligated to install a particular version of a massive package "everywhere" in order not to get the rug pulled from under him?

Install a version of Emacs from the mid-1970s, and you get the behavior of Emacs from the mid-1970s. What is so hard about that?

Have you done it?

Do you have a clue as to what the task entails?

Do you know what you made a completely idiotic statement?

I can answer "yes" to all three questions. I suspect from the tone of your remarks that you can not.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc