RE: right-click to control-right-click

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: right-click to control-right-click
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 08:18:13 -0800

> How can I make the behaviour of right-click become that of control-
> right-click?
>
> I never use right click to end and kill selection anyway.

Hi Per,

You can remap a command - (elisp) Remapping Commands.  But different modes might
bind a given key (e.g. `mouse-3') to different commands.  AFAIK, there is no
good way to dynamically remap all such keys.  Statically (or periodically etc.)
you can try looking up the key in various keymaps and rebinding it etc.

But if you don't care about modes that might bind `C-mouse-3' specially, then
just remap its command:

(define-key global-map [remap mouse-save-then-kill]
            'mouse-major-mode-menu)

FWIW, you might also want to take a look at `mouse3.el':
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/mouse3.el