Re: emacs 23 display slow over cable modem

From: despen
Subject: Re: emacs 23 display slow over cable modem
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:34:23 -0000

>> I've already done a bug report based on the
>>   "Why is Emacs so slow when used remotely?"
>> thread.
>> Was it received?  Was it clear enough?
>
> Yes, we recevied it, as you can see at
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7092.
>
> I see, then it is probably somewhat specific to dired.

I think the OP complained about buffer list too.
I use Electric buffer list, it has tool tips and is easy
to get backed up if you mouse around it.
The mode line and window separators detect hover too and
seem to cause problems.

I just tried again, and I'm still seeing backed up tool tip windows
popping up as I type this in a local copy of Emacs.

>> Unlike other projects, I don't remember getting email on bug
>> reports for emacs as they change status.  Sort of leaves us
>> in the dark.
>
> We're not very good at using the bug-tracker, indeed (it's the right
> place to submit reports, tho).

Thanks.

I know I can disable tooltip mode but I don't see how to disable
all the hover stuff going on.  I think it's too much for remote
use.