Re: Simple copy & paste problem

From: notbob
Subject: Re: Simple copy & paste problem
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:24:16 -0000

On 2010-08-11, Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> wrote:

> A workardound is to delete first and then copy-paste.

You call it a workaround.  I call it common sense.  Same number of
steps.

> But is there a smarter way to solve this?
> Something like
> "if I copied something from the os keep it as first in the kill ring"?

Not sure what you are calling a kill ring, but you could use KDE
desktop and its Windows-like clipboard copy/cut/paste approach while
running emacs in konsole.  No doubt there are other options, this
being Linux, not M$ or Apple.

nb