Re: Naming new GUI colors?

From: Giacomo Boffi
Subject: Re: Naming new GUI colors?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:20:09 -0000

Tim X <timx@nospam.dev.null> writes:

> Elena <egarrulo@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> is there a way to name new GUI colors in Emacs, and get them listed in
>> `list-color-display'? Something like this:
>>
>> (set-named-color "army green" "#4B5320")
>>
>> ELisp reference only talks about tty.
>>

> I don't believe so. The colour names are derived from the rgb.txt
> file (normally in the /etc/X11 directory on most Linux systems. You
> could possibly add your own colour names to this file, but it is
> prtty extensive already.

X built with default options from recent (4 or 5 years) reference only
a builtin, as at compile time, rgb database

afaict, no major linux distributions change this particular default (i
tried to change debian mantainers opinion on this respect, but failed)

ciao
We weren't lovers like that and besides it would still be all right.