Re: Fascinating interview by Richard Stallman on Russia TV

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Fascinating interview by Richard Stallman on Russia TV
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:19:17 -0000

Emmy Noether <emmynoether3@gmail.com> writes:

>> Some entity, AKA David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org>,
>> wrote this mindboggling stuff:
>> (selectively-snipped-or-not-p)

>>> There is no unfreedom involved here.  Freedom does not hand you a free
>>> ride.  Only a free road.
>
> No one asks for a free ride. A free road is good enough.

Obviously you don't understand what you are talking about.

> Perhaps we do the same to him and break into his FSF office and leave
> a "friend" note we came to get the docs he has not released.

You can't "get" anything that has not been written.

> The concise answer: We want a free road but not a free puzzle.

You have the freedom to walk the forest you perceive.  You have the
freedom to build the road that you want, in that forest.

If it is a puzzle to you, that is your own problem.  It is not a puzzle
because somebody would have cut a whole into pieces and scattered them
around.  It is a puzzle because nobody put it together yet.

Feel free to do so, doing others the service you want done.

> Now, dont run away from this argument and bring each and every of the
> boys from his mailing list to tackle this question. He is a manager
> and he can put the volunteers to the task of documenting, illuminating
> and revealing the operation of his softwares and its evolution.

You want a free ride, very obviously.

> He owes it to others

And you think your whining entitles you to it.

What did you ever do to _deserve_ others working for you?

--
David Kastrup