Re: Why can't emacs recognize X fonts?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Why can't emacs recognize X fonts?
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 22:53:31 +0200

Am 08.07.2010 um 22:15 schrieb Allan Gottlieb:

FontPath set to:

I don't where, from which programme, this statement comes from, you can determine the font path the X server uses by running

        xset q

Besides this a user side font management exists: libfontconfig. Commands like fc-list, fc-cache, or fc-match are related to this and files like fonts.conf. The X resource (Emacs.)FontBackend, which can have the values xft, ftx, or x, I think, sets the order by which GNU Emacs will check if the fonts system supplies the specified font. The font backends used can depend on the libraries found on the system.

--
Greetings

  Pete

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is the day they start selling vacuum cleaners.
                                – Ernest Jan Plugge