Re: How modify numbers in a region by a multiplier?

From: Seweryn Kokot
Subject: Re: How modify numbers in a region by a multiplier?
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 20:16:02 +0000 (UTC)

Dan Davison <davison <at> stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> Here are three solutions using Org-mode.
>
> * Using the Org spreadsheet
> http://orgmode.org/org.html#The-spreadsheet
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-spreadsheet-intro.php
>
> Leave second column blank; issue C-u C-c C-c with point in the table
>
> |    33.444 |    3.3444 |
> |      3333 |     333.3 |
> | 4433.4443 | 443.34443 |
> |      3344 |     334.4 |
> |   0.34234 |  0.034234 |
> #+tblfm: $2=$1*0.1
>
> * Using Org-babel...
> ** Using emacs lisp...
> ** Using R...

Thank you for help, however my purpose writing this function was to make it more
easy to type many tedious floating point numbers. So I thought it would be
better to write integers and then multiply them by 0.001 or whatever. In this
way I could never type "." in numbers and after the work done just use this
function to do it for me.