Re: Java programming and emacs

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Java programming and emacs
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 14:56:47 +0100

Tassilo Horn wrote:
> Steve Revilak <steve@srevilak.net> writes:
>
> Hi!
>
>>    CEDET also looks promising, but I haven't had time to experiment
>>    with it.
>
> Just for completeness, there's emacs-eclim [1], which is in very early
> stages of development.  It uses the Eclim plugin to eclipse, to port all
> of eclipse's features to emacs, like it was done for VIM.
>
> Contributors are very welcome.  I somehow initiated that project, but
> currently I don't find any free time to work on it.  But at least senny
> and fred-o joined till now.
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo
> __________
> [1] http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsEclim

Hi Tassilo,

think its a very promessing project. Docking at eclipse should enable a range of
utilities. Emacs will line up with some of the most advanced programming tools
nowadays AFAIS.

Feel free to adress me, should you need some co-testers.

Andreas

--
https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode/python-mode.el/