Re: Maildir folder nnmaildir problem

From: harven
Subject: Re: Maildir folder nnmaildir problem
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 16:15:33 +0100

Rthoreau <rthoreau@iwon.com> writes:

> On Dec 2, 2:26 am, CHENG Gao <cheng...@cyberhut.org> wrote:
>> Now I begin to suspect if your Maildir dirs are real maildirs. Have you
>> tested reading Maildir with other mail clients successfully?
>
> I was thinking about using mutt but I decided to wait to see if I can
> get Gnus working correctly.  So far I am getting not much response and
> looking at the documentation on Opensuse and Maildir seems to be very
> short.  I would say almost no documentation on setting up Maildir is
> available.  I am debating if I need to install from cvs, or a snapshot
> to double check could be a package problem.  I also don't get my Gnus
> menu items to work at all.

There was a problem a few weeks ago about an emacs23 gtk bug not handling
well some menus. This has been repaired in cvs. To be precise, the problem
is with 23.1+1.4 and it has been solved in 23.1.4+1.5.

 As a workaround, you can still access to the menu with F10 and then
pressing arrows to reach the menu. Or set the following before starting emacs
export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1