greek fonts for emacs on linux

From: Micha Borrmann
Subject: greek fonts for emacs on linux
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:30:35 +0200

Hello,

I use emacs to type LaTeX documents. Sometimes I copy text with greek
letters to my own documents. It will be displayed fine on my aquamacs on
OS X. But on emacs (running on Debian or Ubuntu) I see only squares
instead of greek fonts. But there are greek fonts on my systems, because
webpages are displayed fine and in my vi the greek fonts are also
displayed. What could I do, to display greek fonts in my emacs on Linux?

Thanks for any helpful hints in advance

Micha