Re: Gnus not working in Emacs-Snapshot

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: Gnus not working in Emacs-Snapshot
Date: 19 Apr 2009 20:21:04 +0200

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:

> Did you consider cvs version? No problem with emacs 23 gnus that comes
> from cvs with emacs.

The Emacs-snapshot package is a special build of CVS-Emacs for Debian
hosted at http://emacs.orebokech.com.

> sidenote : I got frustrated with the debian "mess" and totally removed
> emacs from debian (ubuntu is based on debian) and now just use cvs emacs
> and manually downloaded anything else I needed. Whenever I had an issue
> with Debian emacs and asked in #emacs irc, people would run a mile. It's
> a lot nicer to have this "self contained" emacs environment than having
> to figure out how or what Debian is doing.

Yes, I know the problem since Etch was still testing (and also on
Ubuntu). But I never had real problems since I use Emacs-snapshot. I'm
quite happy with this package and the current problems are solved now,
since I deinstalled the gnus-package of Debian.

Thanks for all your help

Sven

--
Sven Bretfeld