Daemon and client: Only open new frame if there isn't one already?

From: Hugo Heden
Subject: Daemon and client: Only open new frame if there isn't one already?
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 23:52:46 +0100

Good day all,

Is there a way for emacsclient to ask the daemon to make a new frame
(as in window-manager-managed X GUI frame, not a terminal one) only if
there isn't one already running? Presumably by using "--eval" on the
commandline I guess, perhaps something like  ( unless selected-frame
(make-frame) ) ( find-file "myfile.txt" ) ..?

When I am about to open a file (from the bash command line) I often
don't remember whether I have a frame open or not..  If there is one,
I would want the file to be automatically opened there, and otherwise
I would want a new frame to be automatically created.

Any hints appreciated.

Best regards

Hugo Heden

--

I am using a snapshot built for Ubuntu 8.10 20090207 --
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-elisp/+archive/ppa