Re: W3M with Emacs 21.3 under windows XP

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: W3M with Emacs 21.3 under windows XP
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 00:59:12 -0700

kelsogl wrote:
I think I have all the "ingredients"  I am just at a loss as to how to
put them together in a directory structure. So far all I have been
able to get for my M-x w3m is the nasty message "Install w3m command
in `exec-path' or set `w3m-command' variable correctly.  Is an exec
path like a load-path?  I have (setq load-path (cons "c:/Program Files/
Emacs/Emacs-21.3/w3m-0.5.2" load-path)) added to my .emacs file and it
does not seem to help.

exec-path is like load-path, but different:

load-path is a list of directories where Emacs Lisp libraries (.el and
.elc files) are installed.

exec-path is a list of directories where executable programs are
installed.

`C-h v' is your friend.

--
Kevin Rodgers