Re: c-mode tab is not tabbing

From: Geralt
Subject: Re: c-mode tab is not tabbing
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 16:55:03 +0100

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 10:55 PM, rubing <rubinglen@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If i press the tab key in the body of the text in order to write a comment or
> such it does not work.
>
> The tab key only works at the beginning of the line for only as many tabs as
> propper formatting allows.
>
> I want to be able to use tab anywhere.  How can I change this??
>
> Thanks!
> --

By default all indentation is done with whitespace, so if the tab-key
does not indent further, but you think you need to indent further,
just insert spaces until you're satisfied :-)
I suggest to keep the tab-keys current behaviour and to keep
whitespace for indentation, this way your source files look proper on
every editor.

Geralt.