Re: Chinese characters missing in .ps output file

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Chinese characters missing in .ps output file
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:20:01 +0100

Am 21.12.2008 um 23:18 schrieb Rodolfo Medina:

Now I can print the HTML version. As to save it as PDF, my Mozilla version
does not seem to be able to.  What browser do you know can do it?

All those running on Mac OS X.

The other question is: did you understand what I wrote about PostScript fonts? If so, can you explain why it's not so easy to print a PostScript
file with CJK content?

Well, in fact no, I didn't understand what you wrote about PS fonts. How can
obtain a .ps file from a text file including chinese characters?

By using complex commercial CJK fonts. Times, Helvetica, Courier have no CJK glyphs. And they only have a 256 elements encoding, maximally!

--
Greetings

  Pete

One person with a belief is a social power equal to ninety-nine who have only interests.
                                – John Stuart Mill