imaxima in emacs 22.1

From: T . Raagaard
Subject: imaxima in emacs 22.1
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 13:02:31 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to get imaxima and emacs 22.1.1 to play together, but they
don't want to.

I suspect it has something to do with the code snippet from
this .emacs: http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/imaxima/Site/Set_up_your_Emacs.html
 More specifically, I can't find the path in this code:
";;; add to load-path the directory where maxima.el is installed.
;;; If you change the install directory of maxima, the first argument
of push must be changed accordingly.

(push "/usr/local/share/maxima/5.15.0/emacs" load-path)"

This is what happens:

"xxx:~$ ls /usr/local/share/
applications/        games/               mime/
desktop-directories/ icons/               ppd/
emacs/               info/                sgml/
fonts/               man/                 xml/
xxx:~$ ls /usr/local/share/"
(I pressed TAB)

I've tried imaxima 0.99 and 1.0b, nothing works. The output should be
like this
http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/imaxima/Site/Tutorial_of_Imaxima_files/p2.png

When I input that, it outputs

"(%i2) integrate(f(x),x,minf,inf);
LaTex error in: \int_{ -\infty }^{\infty }{f\left(x\right)\;dx}
(%i3)"

so the LaTeX code is there, it is just not rendered to something
pretty.

Anybody with experience in imaxima?
Any help appreciated.