Re: Starting emacs in ediff mode.

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Starting emacs in ediff mode.
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 14:46:15 +0100

On Jan 26, 2008 9:44 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> Really?  It works for me with relative file names (of course, I used
> "-q" as well, so if someone changes directory in their .emacs, that
> could be a problem).

You're right.

> Or use forward slashes; nothing new here.

That' a bit more difficult if the Emacs invocation is not typed into
the command line, but comes from another tool.

> That's fine, but I asked what was the _advantage_ of using
> emacsclient instead of invoking Emacs itself?

That it works in both cases. So you can have a .BAT somewhere (perhaps
called from another tool) that runs emacsclient to do a diff, and it
does not need to know whether Emacs is already running or not, and
does not start multiple Emacs instances. I'd say that's an advantage.

             Juanma