Re: Gnu Emacs under Japanese MS Windows

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Gnu Emacs under Japanese MS Windows
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:10:11 -0000

On 14 Nov, 09:11, "Ben Bullock" <benkasminbull...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In my case it looks like this:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/bnz/2014240467/
>
> As you can see it is set to     (Japanese). I don't believe this is
> because of something I have set up with just my home computer, since I have
> a virtually identical Windows XP computer at work, and Emacs behaves in
> exactly the same way there

You must have set the same thing up at work. Looking back, your LANG
is set to en_GB.
This is the standard ISO code for British English (Japanese would be
ja_JP). But
Windows doesn't use the standard ISO codes, it uses ENG and JPN
respectively. So we can rule out any Windows settings, and concentrate
on changes made to your environment variables. Look in the System
control panel under Advanced, and see if there is a setting for LANG
in the Environment Variables.